- RSS Channel Showcase 2729387
- RSS Channel Showcase 9618443
- RSS Channel Showcase 3341650
- RSS Channel Showcase 6990185
Articles on this Page
- 06/26/17--05:36: _FG loses N131.8bn a...
- 06/26/17--09:20: _Nigeria, Mexico tra...
- 06/26/17--18:45: _Foreign firms to de...
- 06/26/17--18:46: _‘Nigeria lost 25 mi...
- 06/26/17--18:47: _Customs generated N...
- 06/26/17--18:49: _IITA stresses impor...
- 06/27/17--06:50: _Electricity: FG see...
- 06/27/17--07:46: _You’ve stark, worri...
- 06/27/17--16:09: _No maritime sector ...
- 06/27/17--16:10: _FG fails to impleme...
- 06/27/17--16:13: _France to invest €1...
- 06/27/17--19:24: _EU fines Google rec...
- 06/27/17--19:30: _Masts: NCAA asks GS...
- 06/27/17--19:33: _‘Audit bill passage...
- 06/28/17--17:04: _‘Four power plants ...
- 06/28/17--17:07: _Yam export won’t af...
- 06/28/17--17:09: _NLC attacks Umahi o...
- 06/28/17--17:12: _Why Nigeria could n...
- 06/28/17--17:13: _Abolish difficult v...
- 06/26/17--05:36: FG loses N131.8bn as oil production drops again
- 06/26/17--09:20: Nigeria, Mexico trade volume hits $600m
- 06/26/17--18:45: Foreign firms to develop solar projects across Nigeria
- 06/26/17--18:46: ‘Nigeria lost 25 million barrels of crude in March’
- 06/26/17--18:47: Customs generated N239.4bn revenue in first quarter – Ministry
- 06/26/17--18:49: IITA stresses importance of innovation in agriculture
- 06/27/17--06:50: Electricity: FG seeks $5bn loan from World Bank
- 06/27/17--07:46: You’ve stark, worrisome knowledge, Fashola tells lawmakers
- 06/27/17--16:09: No maritime sector without seafarers, says Peterside
- 06/27/17--16:10: FG fails to implement 18% pension contribution for workers
- 06/27/17--16:13: France to invest €1bn in Nigeria’s oil sector
- 06/27/17--19:24: EU fines Google record $2.7bn in antitrust case
- 06/27/17--19:30: Masts: NCAA asks GSM operators, others to obtain permits
- 06/27/17--19:33: ‘Audit bill passage will strengthen fight against corruption’
- 06/28/17--17:04: ‘Four power plants to add 524MW this year’
- 06/28/17--17:07: Yam export won’t affect availability locally – FG
- 06/28/17--17:09: NLC attacks Umahi over N56,000 new minimum wage
- 06/28/17--17:12: Why Nigeria could not achieve MDGs – Udoma
- 06/28/17--17:13: Abolish difficult visa procedures, Dangote urges African leaders
Okechukwu Nnodim, Abuja the total volume of crude oil produced in Nigeria has been reducing since January this year, leading to a cumulative loss of about N131.8bn, an analysis of various reports from the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation has shown. After increasing to 1.84 million barrels per day in January this year, from 1.58mb/d that […]
The trade volume between Nigeria and Mexico has grown by 360 per cent from 166.5 million dollars in 2012 to 600 million dollars in 2016. The Mexican Embassy, Deputy Head of Mission, Rodrigo Tenorio, made this known in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Abuja on Monday (today). He spoke on the […]
‘Femi Asu A Germany-based global solar developer, Soventix, and Gentec EPC have formed a joint venture called Soventix Hybrid Limited to develop solar projects across Nigeria. With the agreement and respective capabilities, both companies have secured a strong market position in the Nigerian solar market, according to a statement from the firms. The Founder, Gentec […]
Okechukwu Nnodim, Abuja About 25 million barrels of crude oil were shut-in at four production terminals within one month as a result of various challenges at the terminals. Specifically, the Forcados, Qua Iboe, Bonny and Bonga oil production terminals shut-in millions of crude in March 2017 due to challenges like force majeure, poor pipeline integrity, […]
Ifeanyi Onuba, Abuja The Nigeria Customs Service generated a total sum of N239.4bn in the first three months of this year, figures obtained from the Federal Ministry of Finance have revealed. The amount is contained in a document showing the activities of the ministry in the last two years, which was sighted by our correspondent […]
Anna Okon The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, Ibadan, has stressed the importance of innovation in agriculture, as it is one way of attracting youths to the sector. The IITA acknowledged that agriculture was a wealth creator, but added that the wealth would not be created by treating agriculture the way it was treated in […]
Everest Amaefule, Abuja The Federal Government is seeking a loan of $5bn from the World Bank Group to boost power availability in Nigeria, investigation has shown. The World Bank had in April stated that a powerful delegation from Nigeria was in Washington DC to discuss assistance for the nation’s power sector, but did not disclose […]
… says legislators more interested in boreholes than building highways •‘No concession agreements on Lagos-Ibadan road, Niger bridge’ Okechukwu Nnodim, Abuja The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, on Monday hit back at members of the National Assembly, as he argued that the lawmakers had “stark and worrisome knowledge” about the budget of […]
Anna Okon The Director-General, Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, Dr. Dakuku Peterside, has stated that there can be no maritime sector without seafarers. He stated this as NIMASA joined the rest of the world in commemorating the International Day of Seafarers. Peterside stated this during a joint visit to the Apapa Port in Lagos […]
Nike Popoola Three years after the Pension Reform Act, 2014 mandated public and private sector organisations to increase the minimum pension contribution of both employers and employees to the Retirements Savings Account of workers from 15 per cent of the total monthly emolument to 18 per cent; the Federal Government has yet to comply with […]
Okechukwu Nnodim, Abuja The French government has announced that it has set aside about €1bn to be invested in Nigeria’s oil and gas industry, and that Nigeria remains its first economic trading partner in Africa. The France Ambassador to Nigeria, Denys Gauer, announced this when the Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division of the […]
The European Union antitrust regulators on Tuesday hit Alphabet unit of Google with a record €2.42bn ($2.7bn) fine, Reuters reported on Tuesday. The commission took a tough line in the first of three investigations into the company’s dominance in searches and smartphones. It is the biggest fine the EU has ever imposed on a single […]
Maureen Ihua-Maduenyi The Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority has called on Global System for Mobile Communications operators and landing facilities owners to obtain aviation height clearance permits and licences before constructing high rise structures. The NCAA said the aviation height clearance permits and licences were to be obtained before the construction of towers, telecommunication masts, high […]
Ifeanyi Onuba, Abuja The Auditor-General for the Federation, Mr. Anthony Ayine, has called for the speedy passage of the Audit Bill by the National Assembly in order to strengthen the government’s anti-corruption campaign. Ayine, according to a statement issued on Tuesday by his office, stated this when the Conference of Auditors-General for Local Governments in […]
Okechukwu Nnodim, Abuja At least 524 megawatts of electricity will be added to the quantum being generated in the country before the end of this year, the Federal Government has said. It stated that four power plants would produce the 524MW, adding that more electricity would be generated by two other plants in the first […]
Okechukwu Nnodim, Abuja The commencement of yam export from Nigeria will not result in the depletion of the commodity domestically, the Federal Government has said. Last week, the government announced that a consignment of 72 metric tonnes of yam would leave Nigeria for Europe and the United States of America on Thursday, June 29, 2017. […]
Ifeanyi Onuba and Olaleye Aluko The Governor of Ebonyi State, David Umahi, has faulted the demand by the Nigeria Labour Congress for an increase in the minimum wage from the current N18,000 to N56,000 monthly. Umahi faulted the NLC demand in an interview with our correspondent in Abuja on the sidelines of a meeting with […]
Ifeanyi Onuba, Abuja The Minister of Budget and National Planning, Senator Udo Udoma, on Wednesday explained why Nigeria and other African countries could not achieve the targets set in the Millennium Development Goals, blaming the development on the continent’s over reliance on foreign aids. Udoma stated this in Abuja at the high level policy dialogue […]
Akinpelu Dada For the African continent to attract the required investment into key sectors and achieve economic integration, the President of the Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, has urged leaders to review their visa procedures and tariff regimes. The review, according to him, will remove unnecessary barriers to intra-African trade and guarantee real growth and foreign […]